Miami’s Brickell Bay Office Tower Leases 108,000 Square Feet in 2011
|January 10, 2012||Filled under releases, United States||
New leases and tenant renewals/expansions cement the class A tower’s occupancy rate at 91percent headed into 2012.
Brickell Bay Office Tower, a 32-story, class A office tower located in Miami’s Brickell Financial District, completed lease transactions totaling 107,770 rentable square feet of space in 2011. In all, 22 leases were finalized at the 280,500 square foot office tower, with 11 leases representing renewals and/or expansions by existing tenants.
The completed leases bring Brickell Bay Office Tower’s total office occupancy to 91%, well above the Downtown Miami/Brickell market average of 78%. Other tenants in the building include certified public accounting firms Mallah Furman & Company and Morrison, Brown, Argiz & Farra, P.A., and global insurance giant Aon Group – whose 38,000 square foot lease renewal at the tower marked 2011’s second largest lease transaction completed in the Brickell office market.
“Brickell Bay Office Tower has solidified its position as one of Miami’s elite class A office buildings,” said Christian Driussi, Vice President for Brickell Bay Office Tower. “We attribute this success to strong ownership, a stable tenant base, an ideal location, and continued improvements to the tower’s work environment. These factors continue to attract new-to-market users and keep us in strong position headed into the new year.”
Brickell Bay Office Tower’s 2011 transactions included a healthy mix of major corporate users, local and entrepreneurial firms, multinational companies and new-to-market tenants, as follows:
• Global risk management and insurance firm Aon Group renewed its lease for 37,244 square feet (represented by Christopher R. Coots of CB Richard Ellis)
• Vector Global Wealth Management leased 10,896 square feet (represented by Brent Palmer of Howard Ecker & Company)
• The British Consulate renewed and expanded its lease to 10,896 square feet (represented by Michael Klotz of CB Richard Ellis)
• 1st United Bank expanded its lease with an additional 5,356 square feet on the 25th floor – the bank also occupies 6,365 square feet in the building’s lobby (represented by Richard S. Kaufman of Strategic Realty Services)
• Law firm Cantor & Webb, P.A. renewed its lease for 5,302 square feet (represented by Sharon Dresser of High Street Retail USA)
• Bancard Financial Services, LLC expanded its lease with an additional 5,272 square feet
• Int’l financial services company Amicorp Services Ltd. renewed and expanded its lease to 4,703 square feet (represented by David Steinfeld of CB Richard Ellis)
• Consulting & advisory firm Meketa Investment Group leased 3,083 square feet (represented by Robert G. Orban of Studley)
• CFC Transactions, Inc. renewed its lease for 2,007 square feet
• The trial firm of Simon & Bocksch renewed its lease and relocated to 2,680 square feet on the 29th floor (represented by Vivian Gonzalez of CRESA Partners)
• Law firm Tenzer & Moll PLLC leased 2,642 square feet (represented by Grant Killingsworth of Jones Lang LaSalle)
• Lustrous Metals leased 2,625 square feet
• Int’l cargo & freight company Lot Ocean Transport, Inc. renewed its lease for 2,436 square feet
• National bakery and café chain Au Bon Pain renewed its lease for 2,501 square feet
• Financial advisory firm Platinum Wealth Partners, Inc. leased 2,254 square feet (represented by Jon Slater of Studley)
• Yacht brokerage company Camper & Nicholsons USA Inc. leased 1,696 square feet
• Law firm Thompson Bergés P.A. leased 1,398 square feet
• Private equity firm Silverleaf Advisors, LLC leased 1,389 square feet
• Medical psychology facility Behavior Changers renewed its lease for 1,388 square feet (represented by David Valdez of Blanca Commercial Real Estate)
• Halit Akcaglayan leased 963 square feet (represented by Andrew Easton of Jones Lang LaSalle)
• Forever Young South Florida leased 493 square feet
• Financial advisory firm Cobaltum Partners leased 447 square feet (represented by A. Monique Ohayon of Decorus Realty)
Brickell Bay Office Tower’s lease activity in 2011 coincides with a $2.5 million capital improvements initiative that includes upgrades to the building’s corridors, common areas, as well as the modernization of the tower’s elevator system.
Located at 1001 Brickell Bay Drive, in the heart of Miami’s Brickell Financial District and directly overlooking Biscayne Bay, Brickell Bay Office Tower offers wide-open floor plates ranging from 10,896 to 18,622 square-feet, making the building an ideal leasing option for firms seeking premium quality in a mid-sized property. Amenities include an on-site bank, an Au Bon Pain Café, covered parking with above-market availability, a car wash service, and 24-hour manned security.
Learn more at the building’s website, www.1001brickellbay.com, or by calling the leasing team at (305) 536-1001.
# # #
— end —